Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 1, 2011

The Kangaroo Pouch

So I haven't said anything about all this to my kids yet. I was really waiting until the 7week ultrasound to confirm heartbeats. I thought Jackson might be confused if I tried to explain everything to him, and it didn't work out like we hoped.
I heard about this cool book, that was written by a lady that owns a surrogacy agency in CA. Its a cute story about a kangaroo who's pouch is broken and she can't put her baby in it, so another mama kangaroo offers to put their teeny tiny baby in her pouch to grow big, and when its big enough to come out, she gives the baby back to its parents.

I ordered it and it finally came tonight. I read it to Jackson, then we talked about what the story was about. Once I knew he understood the story line, I told him that I did that, that I have a friend, and her tummy is broke and she can't grow a baby in it, so we took her 2 babies and put them in my tummy and I'm gonna grow them big and when they are big, they'll come out and we'll give them back to their mom and dad.
He told me he thinks its weird but really cool. He also said he's glad were not going to have to have 2 babies live in our house, and hear them cry and change their diapers.
I feel such a big relief that he knows, and that he's cool with it. I was and have been pretty worried about how he would react.

Obviously I don't need to say anything to Rylee as she's just too young and will probably still be too young when the babies are born.

2 comments:

  1. awwwww I think that is so cool (the book) and I cracked up and Jackson's response about being happy that two babies aren't going to be in his house hahahahaha GOTTA LOVE KIDS!!!
    How are you feeling??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually feeling pretty good. I got on some meds and I've done acupuncture. I'm gonna go back a couple more times. I'm still loosing weight. Down 7 lbs (but if I'm gonna come anywhere close to your 98, I don't mind dropping a few in the begining).

    ReplyDelete