Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 19, 2011

Quick Check-in

So I went to see my OB today. Which, by the way, I LOVE him. He delivered both my kids and he's got the best bed side manner. He is very supportive of me being a surrogate, he actually has a couple other surrogates as pt's. One is also pregnant with twins. So I know he's treading down familiar territory.
Everything at my appt went very well today. I am 9w4d today but my uterus is measuring 14 weeks. It gets me a little worried since the babies are still so tiny and my belly is already measuring a month bigger. But it is nice confirmation that they are growing nice and big.
The Dr said he likes to see twins go to about 36-37 weeks. We discussed the possibility of having a c-section (which I do not want). He said the only way we can deliver vaginally is if both babies settle in the head down position, but that most twins go one head up, one head down. We'll know closer to delivery though.
I will go back and see him again in 4 weeks.
Until then, I'll update if anything exciting happens.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, not something to look forward to; the c-section. Maybe you could practice gymnastics or somersaults throughout your pregnancy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was deathly afraid of the C-section too, but like he said, one is usually breech (and in my case, Amaya was TRANSVERSE!!!). C-section with no labor is AMAZING!!!!! GO FOR IT!!!!, plus, maybe you can talk him into doing a mini tummy tuck when he closes you up, IF you don't plan on doing this again LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a c-section with my two year old. No fun. Who is your OB? I LOVE mine too. It makes it all so much better when you find one you really like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My OB is Dr. Klomp!!!

    ReplyDelete