Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 12, 2011

22 weeks

Another week down!!!
The time is flying by. It seems like just yesterday I was just getting pregnant. Its been a busy week for us. We've loved having Shawn home for so long. He had to go back to work today. :( It will be hard but also nice for all of us to get back to our routine.
I'm feeling pretty good. I need to remember to ask my Dr when I see him next about this heartburn. Its waking me up at night, most nights. Nothing I'm taking is helping.
Not much else is changing. This belly is ever growing. Sometimes the skin right around my belly button burns, and I'm sure its just from the super fast stretching. I bought some bio-oil about a week or two ago. I've heard some good things about it. I tried that cocoa butter stretch mark cream with both my own pregnancies and it surely didn't help any, so I figured I'd try this. Its quite spendy, but if nothing else, it smells good.
The babies this week are about 11 inch's long head to toe and weigh about a pound!! Growing like little weeds. Their kicks are definitely becoming stronger.
I had a quick ultrasound today to reconfirm the babies gender as there was some question with one of them. Its safe to say there are still 2 little girls in there. 2 weeks ago baby A (who's on the left side) was head down and feet up to the right. Today that baby has flipped and is head up on the right. She must not be listening when I tell them both to get into position...both head down!!! I'll have to have another talk with her.
I haven't taken a pic this week yet. I'll get on that.
I also have another ultrasound on Monday. When I got my big 20 week ultrasound a couple weeks ago, the tech was just a little rude and judgemental of me and my situation, so I called and complained. (Which is something I have NEVER done before). They offered me to come back for a repeat one with a different tech. One who is going to be a lot nicer. It'll be fun to see them again. One baby had the hiccups today during the ultrasound, which was kind of fun to see.
I'm currently feeling like I'm fighting off the flu or something yucky like that. It seems to all hit within a couple hours. First it was my throat, them my neck, then full body aches and a fever. Rylee and Shawn woke up not feeling so great today too. I'm hoping we can all kick it very soon. I have a good immune system, so I've got my fingers crossed.
Before I go, I gotta give a shout out to my good friend Myrna. She delivered the most adorable surro girly yesterday. She is such a tiny little petite thing. I want to post a picture of Rylee holding her too, but I didn't take Rylee with me today to visit. I didn't want her spreading her sick germs. Hopefully soon we can get together, before baby makes the long journey home to Japan. Myrna is a superstar and had that girl in record time. I can't wait until its my turn.
I'll update later in the week, after my next ultrasound.

1 comment:

  1. You might try biotin for the skin. It's supposed to be really great for skin and nails and hair. Ask the Dr.

    ReplyDelete