Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

20 Weeks

This is my 20 week belly shot. My belly looks kind of small and pointy in this picture. I think its just my pants and maybe the angle. Without clothes, it looks huge. But chances are...you won't be seeing any bare belly shots of me. We can thank Rylee for that. She destroyed my belly as far as stretch marks go.
As you can see, I did not do a food comparison shot this week. Its cantaloupe week, and with the big cantaloupe recall and listeria outbreak going on I planned on just taking a picture in the store and not buying one, but I went to 2 different stores and couldn't find any. So were without.
This week, the babies are about 10.5 in in length. and about 10.5 ounces in weight. They finally have tiny eyelashes and eyebrows.
They are definitely getting stronger. I'm feeling their kicks and rolls through out the day now. I can even see them on the outside which is exciting. I've been trying to record it so I can send it to the parents, but movements are still sporadic and one night my battery died trying for so long, so I figure I'll just wait another couple weeks for that.
I am suffering from some HORRIBLE heartburn. I take an over the counter med up to 2x a day and it helps but doesn't alleviate it all the way.
I still have that pesky back pain. I took a sock and filled it with 3 tennis balls and tied it up and sometimes I'll roll on that or just lay on it and it helps a lot. I have to thank our wonderful massage therapist for that idea.
Sleeping hasn't been too much of a problem. I try to put a pillow under my belly and it helps. I roll over a lot in bed, so it only helps when I lay still, but its better than nothing.
My weight is still the same. I need to get some new pants I think. The pants I have are all getting too baggy in the thighs and butt. I think I may need a smaller size. But I am eating good. These babies are sure to tell me when I need to eat, including very late at night. Which is something I never did with own pregnancies, even at the end. A couple times in the last couple weeks, I have made a fried eggs with toast. Mmmm!!!
We made it through the first of the end of the year holidays. We had a great Halloween. I wish it would have been a little warmer but it wasn't too bad. Now on to Thanksgiving. We only have 22 days until. Shawn goes back to work on the 13th and he won't be home this year for it, so next week I'm planning to make us a nice "Thankgiving" dinner. It won't be a huge meal and there won't be turkey. (Shawn and I both don't care for turkey, we only eat it cuz its what you do on Thanksgiving) But it should be fun to do for all of us.
I hear we may be expecting some snow pretty soon. Its been making me wonder what the heck I'm going to do this year for a coat. I bought a really nice pea coat last year, but I'm guessing it wouldn't button up even now. I will need something to keep me warm, but I don't want to spend a ton. I'll have to keep my eyes open for something.
It's been a little different this time around, since both of my kids were born in June I've never experienced a full winter pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment