Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 16, 2011

Who is amazing??

This girl!!!!
I went to my Dr appt on Wednesday. I had to take the dreaded glucose test...yuck! But...I passed!! I'd say I'm pretty amazing!!
The rest of my appt went well too. Except that I had to fast, and was hungry and maybe a little grumpy. My blood pressure was good. I mentioned to the Dr that in the evenings I've been having swelling in my feet and hands. He said that's to be expected, especially with twins. Since my bp and urine still looks good, hes not concerned with the swelling.
The Dr and I had a serious talk about how long we think these girls will be hanging out with me. He said of course his ultimate goal is 37 weeks, but that might be a little far fetched. He said lets get to mid Feb (which will be about 34-35 weeks) and he'd be happy, anything beyond that we'll call bonus time. I'm still having these pesky braxton hicks. Since they aren't too bad yet, he didn't check my cervix. He said since I've started having them so early its probably a pretty good indicator that my uterus just won't hold up til the end. Also, my own kids came in the 37th week on their own. They both came at good weights, in fact my daughter came right at 37 weeks and weighted almost 8lbs. I'm probably lucky I didn't carry her 3 more weeks...eeek!!
So that gives us a good idea as far as planning goes. Mama J is trying to get things planned as best she can for her big trip over here. We both know that anything can happen, but at least we have a plan.
I go back Dec 28th to see the Dr again.
Here's hoping everyone is getting all ready for Christmas. I gotta get another gift for Shawn today. He will be heading home tomorrow, but won't be home until Sunday. With good roads, it takes about 16hrs for him to get home from N. Dakota. Other than that, I think I'm pretty much done shopping. I haven't wrapped anything yet. I better get on that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment