Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 12, 2011

Were truckin along

Well here we are in the 26th week. We've passed another milestone...were in the double digits...less than 100 days!!
The babies this week each weigh about 2lbs and are about 14in long. They are beginning to inhale and exhale amniotic fluid. They can hear sounds on the outside and all 5 senses' are fully formed.
Here is the latest bump shot. And as comparison...here I was just 4 weeks ago. Those girls sure are growing quickly.
I'm lucky to say, I have no new stretch marks. Lets all cross our fingers that it stays that way. I bought some bio-oil. I've heard some very positive things about it...so far it must be working.
Me....I'm hanging in there. I had a lady ask me just a couple days ago, if I was going to have this baby before Christmas. I laughed and said I have 3 more months and walked away. I'm sure she felt like she stuck her foot in her mouth, but its fun to play with people.
My heartburn is finally better. I started on some prilosec a couple weeks ago, and its worked AMAZING!!!
I'm experiencing some swelling, especially in the evenings. Today I noticed it pretty much all day. Its in my hands and feet. I had my blood pressure checked today and its still good. I'm drinking a lot and I put my feet up in the evenings, as much as I can.
I'm still sleeping pretty good. Let me introduce you to my new best friend...

My lovely massage therapist has this pillow. I asked her about it and she told me she bought it at shopko. Well guess what....they had it on sale on black Friday. I got it for $12!! Its amazing. It hugs my belly and fits right between my knees. I love it!!

Well I go in on Wednesday in the morning to see my Dr. I have my 1hr glucose test. Fingers crossed that I pass...just the thought of the 3hr test flips my stomach. I'll update after!!
Hope everyone is enjoying this Christmas season. I know my kids and I are. We can't wait for Christmas, but were loving this season leading up to it.

1 comment:

  1. You are one amazing woman Bridget!! I'm so very lucky to know you! It's always been my dream to help other mothers, and I've always wanted to be a surrogate! I guess that part is not in my cards. But I can help mothers through their delivery! I am just in awe, and admire you so much for your compassionate unselfishness that you have to give a mother her dream of having children! I love to hear the updates!! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete