Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ready, Set....GO!!!

Getting all packed up is no fun at all...I'm such a procractinator. I leave in less than 18 hrs and I've packed....NOTHING!!! But I know my self well enough that I don't need to worry. I do my best work last minute.
We have all the plans set. The intended mother (J) goes in tomorrow morning for the egg retrieval. Were hoping for good numbers. Tomorrow the little embryo's will be made and start to grow!!! I start my progesterone tomorrow as well.
I will stay on my estrogen 3 times a day and the progesterone twice a day until about the end of the 1st trimester.
I will go in on July 2nd for the transfer. Thats a good day!!! As that was Jackson's due date. Thats the day I looked forward to and counted down too for 9 months. Unfortunatly Jackson didn't want to wait that long and graced the world with his presence June 15...but July 2nd will always be a special date to me!!!
I hope everyone keeps me (and my uterus) in your thoughts Saturday.
I am experiencing lots of different emotions right now. I'm super excited!! I have never been to Europe, I can't wait to meet these wonderful people, who's child will occupy my body for 9 months. I am also very hopeful!!! We've gone through a lot to get to this point and I really hope this transfer is successful. I've seen a lot of my surrogate sisters experience heartache and disappointment, especially lately. I'm also nervous, of course. I have never travelled this far alone. I'm meeting these people for the first time. Although we email on a regular basis. I don't know what to expect. I have never been apart from my kids for this long. I'm not so worried about me leaving Jackson, as he's been going back and forth between his dad's and me almost his whole life. Although he's never been gone from my house more than a couple days, and when he is gone that long he usually calls me in tears asking if he can come home. (and of course I go pick him up) But Rylee is a differnt story. I have never been apart from her for more that 2 nights and one day. How am I gonna leave my little girl? I know she will be in the best hands. And I'm SOOO thankful she has an awesome second mama.
I will try to update this when I'm gone. I'm told the place I'm staying has wifi. My last day will be a day of rest, so to speak. After the transfer I have to have 1-3 days of bedrest, to give it the best chance to stick. Of course 2 days after, I'll be flying home, which requires some walking, but mostly lots of sitting.

1 comment:

  1. GOOD LUCK!!!! I am sending happy vibes via the web to your uterus :-) I have a good feeling for you though!!! Safe Travels!!

    ReplyDelete