Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lots of Questions

So since I've "come out of the surrogate closet" I've received nothing but support and encouragement. And I thank you all for that!!
I find that I am the first surrogate most people I know, has ever know. So I've been asked a lot of questions so far. I'll try to answer some of them here.
Where will I deliver the baby?
I will only go to Czech for the embryo transfer, then I will return home for the remainder of the pregnancy and deliver here.
What if the transfer doesn't work?
I have agreed to go 3 times. I am very confident that if will work on the first try.
How long have I been wanting to do this?
Last June (2010) I met with the first Agency. There are 4 or 5 surrogate agencies in the Boise area and I've met with 3 of them. I've interviewed with 4-5 sets of intended parent's and just didn't feel it was the right match, until I interviewed with J & H, at the end of April. And since then, I've been getting my medical records together, had to get some tests done, and started on my meds.
What meds to I take?
At the end of May I got a lupron depot shot. It acts to decrease estrogen and supresses ovulation. Then a couple weeks ago I started estrogen pills, which I believe help thicken the lining of my uterus. And when J (the intended mother) goes in for the egg retrieval, which will be about 5 days before the transfer I'll start taking progesterone, which helps impending implantation of the fertalized egg. I do not know yet how long I'll be on those too things. I suppose I'll find that out with I get there and meet with the Dr's.
Will it be hard for me to give the baby up?
Nope, I do not want a baby. Don't get me wrong, I love babies, and I hope to have another one one day, but not right now. I know what I'm getting my self into before I even start. I want to help make someone else's dream of becoming parents come true. I love my kids to the ends of the earth and back and I want to give that special gift to these awesome deserving people.
I also have an awesome support system. I have a really close friend that has done this before. I have also become friends with 5-6 super ladies who are all surrogates. We get together once a month for a ton of laugh's and dinner. They are amazing and I'm so grateful to have met them.
I am also with an agency and we do monthly support group meetings. The agency is run by a 2x surrogate and she is also amazing and will help me with anything I need, including picking me up at 5:30 to take me to the airport.
That's all I can think of right now. If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask. I am an open book and will answer anything to the best I can.
Thanks again everyone for all the support.

1 comment:

  1. Bridg I am so happy and excited for you! Like I said today on FB I'm almost (well probably not) just as excited as you are. You are correct in saying that you're the first person I've ever known to do this, and I'm very intrigued by the whole idea and process!!! It's amazing what you are doing for these people and I look forward to more updates! KEEP THEM COMING!

    ReplyDelete