Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I made it!!!

After a long flight, which was about 20 hrs total, I finally made it to Vienna. My flight went well, uneventful. I couldn't not sleep on the plane, except to doze off for a few minutes here and there. (And I didn't sleep for probably more than an hour the night before I left) So needless to say, I was TIRED!!
J's mom picked me up at the airport. J had to stay an extra couple days in czech, due to minor complications from the egg retrieval, that took place monday. After leaving the airport, we took a long bus ride and ride on the subway and I finally made it to my room. I did not take any pics at the airport. I thought about it, but I looked like I felt so I decided against it.
After dropping my stuff off in my room, we ventured out to get some breakfast. I got here at 8:30 in the morning. I had already had breakfast twice, too. Once on the plane before landing in Frankfurt, and again on my flight into Vienna. But I was down to eat again. We stopped at this little bakery cafe and had little ham and cheese sandwich platters with a bread basket. Very yummy. I've already come to find out, they have some very good breads here in Austria.
We then went to grab a few items at the grocery store, picked up a outlet converter (as my plug-ins wouldn't fit their plug ins), and an international phone card. We got back to my room around 11ish in the am. I was able to call Shawn and let him know I made it safetly, (it was 4am where he was, hehe) and check my facebook and email...then I crashed out!! I slept for probably 10 hours, only to be awake from about 10pm-3am Vienna time. I facebooked it for a little while, made a couple other calls and watched what little english tv I could find.
On Wednesday I woke up and got ready for the day. I went out with J's mom again. She took me to St. Stephen's Catherdal.


We ride the subway everywhere. I must say, Vienna has a great public transportation system.

A few pictures of the city center



We then went to Weiner Prater. It is an ammusement park, except its free to get it, and almost like a public park too. It was very cool. It had a ton of rides I thought looked fun, and a few I would never get on. I very muched enjoyed my self there. It was about 90 degrees today.

This is a huge farris wheel. I did not ride any rides while there, some looked fun, but didn't want to raddle my insides any. hehe



After leaving the park we came back to my room. I was tired so we just relaxed for a few minutes, until J & H came. It was so nice to finally meet them. They are so wonderful and I'm so excited to continue getting to know them. We visited for a while then went out. We got some lunch, authentic Weiner Schnitzel. We made another quick stop at the grocery store and a bakery and headed back.
I rested for a bit, slept maybe 4 hours, then woke up around 10:30-11pm and have been awake since. Its now almost 3am. Thank goodness for out grocery store runs, gives me something to eat. I thought about venturing out tonight, but even though I'm awake, I feel exhausted. I haven't turned the tv back on, since I can't really find anything to watch. I have been watching a few you tube video's and just mindlessly surfing the web. I have a lot better internet connection tonight then I did last night. (knock on wood)
I got to call both my kids tonight. Spoke with Jackson for a while. He's counting down the days until I get home. Bless his little heart. I didn't talk to Rylee, as she's not yet much of a conversationalist, but I talked to Andrea, and she reported Rylee is doing very well. Sleeping well at night, and only throwing her regular tantrums (remember the whole clothing incident)


So I will sign off for now. I really need to try to get back to sleep. I'm hoping I can get ahold of Shawn first. He gets off work at 6 (I think) and is back to his hotel around 8.

Will update again tomorrow...hoping its not at 3:00 am again.

No comments:

Post a Comment