Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 2, 2012

29 Weeks

Here we are...29 weeks. The 2nd week of the 8th month. The babies this week weigh a little more than  2 and a half pounds each. About the same as a butternut squash. They are also about 15in long.
I think I look pretty good from the front. :)

The babies muscles and lungs are continuing to develop. Babies bones are sucking up lots of calcium now. I've added 1000mg of calcium a day. I read that adding calcium will help with leg cramps in pregnancy. And oh boy have I had some nasty leg cramps lately. I'm still feeling pretty good. I tire out very easily and I can't do much with out getting out of breath. My house work is taking a hit right now. I do what I can and Jackson has been a pretty good help too. Somehow, together, we'll all get through this.
I can't believe that sometime within the next 2 months we'll be meeting these little ladies. I'm hoping its later rather than sooner. I want them to keep growing for a while longer.
As uncomfortable as I am right now, I will take it, to make sure these girls get to stay put. I feel like I felt the last couple weeks of my own pregnancies. Like "I'm done". Its easy to get through then knowing you only have a couple weeks to go, but when I think I have close to 7 weeks it seems daunting.
Here is a picture I found online...its twins at 28 weeks, but it gives you a good idea of what they may look like.
Oh ya...except these girls aren't head down. There both laying kind of cross ways.
I see my Dr a week from tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good week. Did you all have a good New Years?? We did!! Despite a sick little girl, we spent the weekend up in the mountains and had a lot of fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment