Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

17 weeks

We've made it to 17 weeks. The babies this week are the size of an onion. They are about 5 in long and weigh about 5.9oz. The skeleton is changing from rubbery cartilage to bone. I'm feeling the babies move now. I've felt one baby for about a week and I started to feel the other baby a couple days ago. One sits high on the left side and the other one is mid way between my belly button and pubic bone on the right side.
I'm starting to get bad heartburn...its keeping me up at night. My Dr told me it would be safe to try anything over the counter. I've tried a couple things, with no such luck. I'm also having pretty bad back pain already. I wear the belly band which helps, but I'm getting a lot of pain higher up and the band supports my lower back.
I had a massage yesterday, provided for me by my wonderful agency. (just one of those surrogacy perks, I get a free monthly massage) It sure helped a lot, but I can already feel it getting sore again. My Dr tells me that, while pregnant the body releases a hormone called relaxin, which helps our pelvis to spread and open up to prepare for labor, but it can cause the hips and or ribs to go out. When I go back to the Dr in a few weeks I'm going to ask about seeing my chiropractor to see if that will help. I have a lot of months to go, and I won't be able to live with this for that long.
Enough complaining...I am feeling good otherwise. Still no significant weight gain. I'm up a total of 3lbs. (well technically, I'm still down 15lbs) I'm eating pretty good. I haven't had any real cravings yet. I didn't really get them with my own kids though. With Jackson I got one real craving once for licorice and with Rylee I got one once for watermelon jello. So I don't expect to get "cravings". Of course somethings sounds good to me at times, but that happens even when I'm not pregnant.
I gotta add that I'm really loving this nice October weather. I've been having a lot of fun doing Halloween crafts with my kids, I made them both new winter blankets last week. Were going to the pumpkin patch and corn maze with the kids next week. I can't wait for Halloween. I'm going to be taking the cutest little witch and ninja trick or treating. Crossing our fingers for nice weather.
That's all that's going on in my life now. Starting next Monday, I'll be volunteering every Monday morning in Jackson's classroom as the reading mom. I can't wait. I wanted to be able to do that last year, but work prevented that from happening.
See ya next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment